All of us here at Packey Webb Ford know that we can see some pretty hot days in the greater Chicago area. So how do you keep your car cool in this heat? We’ve got some great tips and tricks on how to keep your car cool this summer!
- Put Blankets On Your Seats – When you’re not driving placing blankets on the seats will help protect your seats from the direct sunlight. The blankets will soak up all the sunlight and heat and you’ll be left with a cool seat!
- Park in the Garage – If you’re able to park in a parking garage, do so! This will significantly help with the temperature of your vehicle on those hot summer days!
- Use a Sunshade or Window Visor – Using a sunshade or window visor helps keep the interior of the car cool. If you can’t park in the shade we recommend this method to help combat that heat!
- Keep Your Windows Cracked Slightly – We don’t recommend you leaving your windows all the way down, but it is a good idea to leave them slightly cracked. Check to be sure that you can’t fit your arm through the crack, we don’t want anyone braking into your vehicle! Even a small crack can help ventilation which will keep the interior of the car cooler!
These are just some of our favorite tips to help keep you cool this summer! Stop by and see us before you head out on your summer road trips and keep these great tips in mind!
Thinking about taking a family road trip this summer? There are some important things to remember, including the best road trip games. Kids can get especially bored on the highway, so it’s a good idea to come prepared. At Packey Webb Ford, we’ve listed some of our favorite games. While some are classics, others are some you may have never heard of before.
According to Parents magazine, one great one is the Alphabet Game. One person looks out the window on the right, while the other looks out the left. The goal is to spot the letters of the alphabet in order only by using signs, license plates, or objects out the window. The first person to go from A to Z is the winner.
Next, try the Theme Song Game. In this game, one person hums the theme song to a famous TV show and everyone takes turns guessing what it is. The first person to guess the correct answer wins, and they get to hum next. You can keep track of scores or simply see how many the group can get.
Finally, play the Restaurant Race. Each person chooses their favorite fast-food chain like Burger King, Taco Bell, or McDonalds. Players get points every time they see one, see a sign for one (like on a Fuel/Food sign on the highway), or when they hear it on the radio.
For each of these games, consider having small prizes. For example, the winner might get to choose the radio station. You can also bring snacks and other prizes. If all else fails, the Quiet Game has been a favorite among parents travelling everywhere.
Hybrid vehicles have been on the market since the end of the 1990s, and they are becoming more and more popular as drivers learn about the benefits of going green. Hybrids can not only reduce emissions, but they also help you save gas, earn tax credits, improve performance, and more. Switch to a hybrid vehicle today to see the benefits.
A hybrid vehicle is a car that combines a traditional gasoline engine with an electric motor. According to AutoBytel, one of the major benefits of driving a hybrid is that you reduce fuel consumption. This is the most obvious perk of going green, but it can also lead to fewer harmful emissions—helping you to worry a little less when you drive.
Another advantage is tax credits. The government often offers federal tax incentives in order to get more people to drive hybrid vehicles. These incentives are based on the vehicle’s range, and frequently rise as high as $7,500, sometimes making hybrids among the most affordable vehicles on the market.
Next, hybrids also improve performance. Thanks to the combination of electric and gasoline power, hybrid vehicles have incredible torque and acceleration. In fact, many race cars rely on hybrid powertrain designs in order to boost overall performance.
These are the basic benefits of buying a hybrid. You get better fuel economy, produce lower emissions, improve performance, and earn tax credits. Stop by Packey Webb Ford to learn more about hybrids.
The all-new 2017 Ford Ecosport is here, and makes a great pick for those looking for a stylish, eccentric vehicle. This small crossover packs a big, exciting performance in a small, compact package full of personality. An attractive yet purposeful design features aerodynamic curves, bright, halogen headlamps and available LED signature lighting on higher trim levels. A moonroof is standard on the SE, SES, and Titanium models and adds an extra, modern twist to the sporty design.
The stylish Ford Ecosport is powered by a turbocharged 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine. Combined with the small, lightweight body, this engine promises a nimble, peppy ride, plus excellent fuel economy. The handling on this small crossover gets even better when equipped with the available intelligent four-wheel drive. With this features, it’s easy to take spontaneous detours or to handle iffy driving conditions.
The new Ford EcoSport also has its own list of impressive technologies. From BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) to the latest SYNC® 3 infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, there’s no shortage of information, entertainment, and safety. Call Packey Webb Ford to learn more about the new Ford Ecosport and to schedule a test drive in this exceptional crossover.
If you’re anything like us at Packey Webb Ford, you’re probably looking forward to having a pint of green beer or hearing some live Irish music. Fortunately, there are plenty of places to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Chicago this year. Here are some ideas to get you started!
- Traditional Irish Music at the Driehaus Museum Like any fanatic or traditionalist, you probably already witnessed the river turn green and watched the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Now it’s time to catch some live Irish music. Head to the Driehaus Museum at 6pm on Thursday, March 16th to watch Paddy Homan and the Noble Call perform some traditional tunes.
- The Tossers at Metro Follow up the traditional music with something quirky the next day. The Tossers are a punk band raised as Irish Catholics. They bring audiences the best of the punk attitude in the context of traditional Celtic instruments. Come watch this energetic performance at 9pm on Friday, March 17th.
- Forever Green 42 Before the holiday is over, be sure to partake in one more of Chicago’s traditional St. Patrick’s Day events at the 42nd annual Forever Green celebration. Hear even more Irish music, see traditional dances and wear plenty of green for this festive party at the Chicago Cultural Center.
There are plenty of automakers to choose from when you’re in the market for a new vehicle, but Ford can outdo the competition. The wide lineup offers drivers from all walks of life exactly what they need on a daily basis. Here are a few reasons to drive a Ford according to us at Packey Webb Ford.
- Selection – Ford’s lineup features a long list of available vehicles to choose from. Drivers interested in something small and efficient can find their ride in the Ford Fiesta. Those with a need for speed can get behind the wheel of the legendary Mustang. The Ford F-150 offers all the strength a driver could want at a great value. The Explorer ensures family trips are both comfortable and thrilling. With such a wide selection of vehicles, it hard to pick just one!
- Style – Every Ford model boasts a unique yet recognizable style. The Ford Mustang, for example, boasts an aggressive stance with a sweeping hood that hints at what lies beneath. The Fusion is both bold and athletic with a stance that asserts itself on the road.
- Capability – Each and every Ford vehicle offers some form of capability. The F-150 can tow and haul immense loads. The Fiesta has plenty of interior cargo space. The Fusion offers plenty of space for passengers. The Ford Escape offers high fuel economy, a tall ride height, and a versatile interior to fit any drivers’
The holidays are right around the corner, and if you plan on heading out to visit friends or family for Christmas, there are some things you can do now to ease the burden of traveling. Whether you’re worried about airport crowds or road congestion, we have advice to help you! Here are some of the best holiday flight tips from us here at Packey Webb Ford.
- Technology – Technology is a great tool to make traveling easier. Many airlines have apps that allow you to access ticket and flight information on your smartphone. Some airports even offer a layout of the facility to help guide passengers to the correct gate. Drivers can use a GPS system or a compatible smartphone to plan a route based on time, fuel economy, or distance. Most systems can receive updates in real time, which means sitting in traffic jams due to accidents is a thing of the past.
- Luggage – Baggage fees can add up quickly. Instead of checking your bags, ship unnecessary belongings to your destination through the mail. Doing so will be cheaper. Bring everything you need in a carry-on to make life much easier!
- Rest – Make sure to get plenty of sleep so you don’t wake up and late potentially miss your flight. Being well rested will also ensure you don’t lose your temper with flight attendants or other drivers.
There’s a name we haven’t heard in 20 years: the Ford Bronco. The SUV, which debuted in the 1960s, was introduced to the market as an off-roading vehicle that could go head-to-head with the best of Jeep models. Unfortunately, the Bronco was retired in 1996 and hasn’t been seen since—until now. Now, the new Ford Bronco is slated to make a comeback as early as 2020, so get ready to enjoy the thrills of a new off-roading SUV.
The announcement came in a two-in-one package: both the new Bronco and the new Ranger were unveiled all in one go. Ford hasn’t had a midsize truck or an off-roader in years, but with the SUV/crossover and pickup truck segments picking up and attracting a host of interested customers, it only makes sense for the brand to capitalize on both current trends and the nostalgia of old Ford enthusiasts.
Not much is known about what will go into the new Ford Bronco. It will likely be based on the same platform as the new Ranger since both are debuting at the same time. However, Ford has also mentioned a desire to appeal to a more family-friendly sensibility, so we might see a kind of refinement previously unseen in older Bronco models.
Black Friday has a reputation for being a night when people throw all cares to the wind. If you want to streamline the process and prevent any accidents, it’s necessary to plan how your night will go in advance with these helpful Black Friday tips.
Plan Your Route
If possible, stay close to home. You should take a look at various stores’ ads to determine where and when you want to go so you have a good idea of what stores you’ll be driving to. Try checking a map and outlining a route.
Use Map Apps for Traffic Updates
Even if you know your route, accidents happen and traffic gets backed up. Many smartphone apps track traffic in realtime, which can help avoid this.
Don’t Drive Distracted
Leave the radio dial alone, put the phone away, and keep both hands on the wheel.
Park further away to avoid the crowds that are competing for closer spots. Don’t block other spots, and when pulling in or out of a spot, be on the lookout for children or other vehicles driving by. If your car has one, use a rearview camera.
Following these Black Friday tips can minimize your chances of getting in an accident. We want to see everyone get home safe this Black Friday so they can enjoy wrapping their brand new purchase!