Hybrid vehicles have been on the market since the end of the 1990s, and they are becoming more and more popular as drivers learn about the benefits of going green. Hybrids can not only reduce emissions, but they also help you save gas, earn tax credits, improve performance, and more. Switch to a hybrid vehicle today to see the benefits.
A hybrid vehicle is a car that combines a traditional gasoline engine with an electric motor. According to AutoBytel, one of the major benefits of driving a hybrid is that you reduce fuel consumption. This is the most obvious perk of going green, but it can also lead to fewer harmful emissions—helping you to worry a little less when you drive.
Another advantage is tax credits. The government often offers federal tax incentives in order to get more people to drive hybrid vehicles. These incentives are based on the vehicle’s range, and frequently rise as high as $7,500, sometimes making hybrids among the most affordable vehicles on the market.
Next, hybrids also improve performance. Thanks to the combination of electric and gasoline power, hybrid vehicles have incredible torque and acceleration. In fact, many race cars rely on hybrid powertrain designs in order to boost overall performance.
These are the basic benefits of buying a hybrid. You get better fuel economy, produce lower emissions, improve performance, and earn tax credits. Stop by Packey Webb Ford to learn more about hybrids.
There are plenty of automakers to choose from when you’re in the market for a new vehicle, but Ford can outdo the competition. The wide lineup offers drivers from all walks of life exactly what they need on a daily basis. Here are a few reasons to drive a Ford according to us at Packey Webb Ford.
- Selection – Ford’s lineup features a long list of available vehicles to choose from. Drivers interested in something small and efficient can find their ride in the Ford Fiesta. Those with a need for speed can get behind the wheel of the legendary Mustang. The Ford F-150 offers all the strength a driver could want at a great value. The Explorer ensures family trips are both comfortable and thrilling. With such a wide selection of vehicles, it hard to pick just one!
- Style – Every Ford model boasts a unique yet recognizable style. The Ford Mustang, for example, boasts an aggressive stance with a sweeping hood that hints at what lies beneath. The Fusion is both bold and athletic with a stance that asserts itself on the road.
- Capability – Each and every Ford vehicle offers some form of capability. The F-150 can tow and haul immense loads. The Fiesta has plenty of interior cargo space. The Fusion offers plenty of space for passengers. The Ford Escape offers high fuel economy, a tall ride height, and a versatile interior to fit any drivers’
The holidays are right around the corner, and if you plan on heading out to visit friends or family for Christmas, there are some things you can do now to ease the burden of traveling. Whether you’re worried about airport crowds or road congestion, we have advice to help you! Here are some of the best holiday flight tips from us here at Packey Webb Ford.
- Technology – Technology is a great tool to make traveling easier. Many airlines have apps that allow you to access ticket and flight information on your smartphone. Some airports even offer a layout of the facility to help guide passengers to the correct gate. Drivers can use a GPS system or a compatible smartphone to plan a route based on time, fuel economy, or distance. Most systems can receive updates in real time, which means sitting in traffic jams due to accidents is a thing of the past.
- Luggage – Baggage fees can add up quickly. Instead of checking your bags, ship unnecessary belongings to your destination through the mail. Doing so will be cheaper. Bring everything you need in a carry-on to make life much easier!
- Rest – Make sure to get plenty of sleep so you don’t wake up and late potentially miss your flight. Being well rested will also ensure you don’t lose your temper with flight attendants or other drivers.
There’s a name we haven’t heard in 20 years: the Ford Bronco. The SUV, which debuted in the 1960s, was introduced to the market as an off-roading vehicle that could go head-to-head with the best of Jeep models. Unfortunately, the Bronco was retired in 1996 and hasn’t been seen since—until now. Now, the new Ford Bronco is slated to make a comeback as early as 2020, so get ready to enjoy the thrills of a new off-roading SUV.
The announcement came in a two-in-one package: both the new Bronco and the new Ranger were unveiled all in one go. Ford hasn’t had a midsize truck or an off-roader in years, but with the SUV/crossover and pickup truck segments picking up and attracting a host of interested customers, it only makes sense for the brand to capitalize on both current trends and the nostalgia of old Ford enthusiasts.
Not much is known about what will go into the new Ford Bronco. It will likely be based on the same platform as the new Ranger since both are debuting at the same time. However, Ford has also mentioned a desire to appeal to a more family-friendly sensibility, so we might see a kind of refinement previously unseen in older Bronco models.
Black Friday has a reputation for being a night when people throw all cares to the wind. If you want to streamline the process and prevent any accidents, it’s necessary to plan how your night will go in advance with these helpful Black Friday tips.
Plan Your Route
If possible, stay close to home. You should take a look at various stores’ ads to determine where and when you want to go so you have a good idea of what stores you’ll be driving to. Try checking a map and outlining a route.
Use Map Apps for Traffic Updates
Even if you know your route, accidents happen and traffic gets backed up. Many smartphone apps track traffic in realtime, which can help avoid this.
Don’t Drive Distracted
Leave the radio dial alone, put the phone away, and keep both hands on the wheel.
Park further away to avoid the crowds that are competing for closer spots. Don’t block other spots, and when pulling in or out of a spot, be on the lookout for children or other vehicles driving by. If your car has one, use a rearview camera.
Following these Black Friday tips can minimize your chances of getting in an accident. We want to see everyone get home safe this Black Friday so they can enjoy wrapping their brand new purchase!
Sports car enthusiasts have been around for decades. Certainly most drivers harbor some kind of desire to get behind the wheel of a powerful vehicle designed for speedy thrills, nimble handling, and athletic good looks. Some of the most respected and recognizable sports cars come from Ford’s lineup; just think about how iconic the Mustang is. The fact of the matter is that more Ford performance cars are selling better than ever, with more and more people turning to Ford to quench their need for high-speed, adrenaline-pumping fun.
Whether it’s the Mustang or the Focus RS, Focus ST, or Fiesta ST, Ford is seeing record numbers of younger and more affluent car buyers turning to the brand for their muscle car fix. In fact, the volume of performance cars being sold in Ford’s lineup has nearly doubled in the past three years, with 2016’s numbers totaling 200,000 units globally in 2016 alone. The Ford Mustang was also the best-selling sports coupe of 2015 around the world.
The numbers won’t stop growing there. Ford performance cars are expanding, including the release of the first 500 Ford GT cars and the new F-150 Raptor. Over 6,500 people have applied for ownership of the GT nameplates, meaning these vehicles are already facing high demand, even in limited release.
These days, it seems like there’s an award or an ability to be recognized for just about anything, and Downers Grove has a claim to fame that not many cities have—a top trick-or-treating city in the United States. In a recent study based on data collection from community social networking app Nextdoor, it was concluded that out of countless cities in the US, Downers Grove was number seven on the list of best cities to take your kids trick-or-treating.
What criteria went into determining this? Simple: Nextdoor offers an annual Treat Map, which allows neighbors to check in and let the app know whether or not they will be passing out candy for Halloween that year. Nextdoor had the seventh-highest ratio of people passing out candy in comparison to the number of Nextdoor members living in Downers Grove out of the entire United States.
Wondering who was the top trick-or-treating city? The number one spot was taken by Cary, North Carolina, with Boise, Idaho rounding out the top-ten list in tenth place. However, if you’re looking for the best place to trick-or-treat in the whole state of Illinois, there’s only one clear winner, and that’s Downers Grove.