Each year presents a new journey in your life, so it is best to give your road companion the proper car care it demands to perform at its highest level year-round. Here are some tips to prep your Ford for a new year.
Upgrade with Accessories
You often hear, “New year, new you.” Your Ford car, truck, or SUV can feel new, too, when you upgrade and personalize your vehicle with add-ons. Ford offers all kinds of Ford accessories ― from roof racks to interior accents to technology features. Find the Ford auto parts for your car that will align with your 2019 goals.
Make Resolutions for Your Ford
As you set objectives for 2019, you can make goals related to your Ford. Whether you are accelerating less to maximize fuel efficiency or paying closer attention to your miles for proper timely car care, there are several resolutions you can make to benefit your car, truck, or SUV.
Get Your Ford Serviced
Your Ford vehicle needs regular service in order to stay in excellent condition. Start 2019 by getting your Ford car checked by Packey Webb Ford to ensure that all parts are in good shape and that everything is running as normal. Get an oil change and a tire rotation, and vow to stick to the recommended service schedule for your Ford to keep it in fantastic form.
No scheduled appointment is necessary when you use our Express Service Lane. Visit Packey Webb Ford for your next routine service check.
Winter is officially here, which means we’re ready for some cold conditions here in Illinois. Especially frigid conditions are notorious for killing car batteries, so if you know that your Ford’s is getting on in years it might be a good time to replace it before your car won’t start. To make sure you choose the right battery, consider these factors and consult your Ford owner’s manual.
- Group Size: Instead of having you take out a tape measure to determine the size of your specific unit, batteries are sorted into size groups. Your Ford can probably accommodate several different sizes of battery, so take a look at your owner’s manual to know what you need to shop for.
- Reserve Capacity: If you use equipment connected to your car with the engine off, the RC number will be important for your Ford. The number indicates how long (in minutes) a certain battery can operate before it dies. Generally, the higher RC number a new battery has, the better.
- Cold Cranking Amps: The CCA of a battery is a way to measure its performance and refers to how it supplies the power required for 30 seconds at zero degrees Fahrenheit. While higher numbers mean better performance, your new battery’s CCA needs to match either the original battery or the number in the owner’s manual. Talk to a Ford service expert if you’re considering a different CCA to see how it will affect your vehicle.
If you’re ready for a new battery, the team at Packey Webb Ford can help you find the perfect match. Contact our service department today for more information.
The Ford Disaster Relief Mobility Challenge was recently announced by the Ford Fund. In short, certified nonprofit organizations in the U.S. can submit entries for creative solutions to disaster relief as part of the challenge. Part of the difficulty of this task is proposing how an organization would use a Ford Transit to fit a need within a community. This is just one more way the Ford brand is giving back.
What do you win? According to Ford, the prize for the competition is a $70,000 grant that can go towards the purchase of a Ford Transit cargo or passenger van, as well as any extra costs for equipping the vehicle. There are three separate grants for the competition, and winners will be notified during National Disaster Preparedness Month in September.
“When natural disaster strikes, it is critical to move the right people, the right materials, and the right vehicles to impacted areas to help people as quickly as possible,” said Jim Vella, president of the Ford Motor Company Fund. “Nowhere is our mission to strengthen communities more urgent than in recovery efforts during the hours, days and weeks following a natural disaster.”
Ford has a long history of working with partners to prevent and respond to disasters. So far, Ford has donated more than 40 vehicles for disaster response purposes, as well as almost $5 million to assist in recovery efforts.
To learn more about how Ford gives back, visit Packey Webb Ford.
Hybrid vehicles have been on the market since the end of the 1990s, and they are becoming more and more popular as drivers learn about the benefits of going green. Hybrids can not only reduce emissions, but they also help you save gas, earn tax credits, improve performance, and more. Switch to a hybrid vehicle today to see the benefits.
A hybrid vehicle is a car that combines a traditional gasoline engine with an electric motor. According to AutoBytel, one of the major benefits of driving a hybrid is that you reduce fuel consumption. This is the most obvious perk of going green, but it can also lead to fewer harmful emissions—helping you to worry a little less when you drive.
Another advantage is tax credits. The government often offers federal tax incentives in order to get more people to drive hybrid vehicles. These incentives are based on the vehicle’s range, and frequently rise as high as $7,500, sometimes making hybrids among the most affordable vehicles on the market.
Next, hybrids also improve performance. Thanks to the combination of electric and gasoline power, hybrid vehicles have incredible torque and acceleration. In fact, many race cars rely on hybrid powertrain designs in order to boost overall performance.
These are the basic benefits of buying a hybrid. You get better fuel economy, produce lower emissions, improve performance, and earn tax credits. Stop by Packey Webb Ford to learn more about hybrids.
The all-new 2017 Ford Ecosport is here, and makes a great pick for those looking for a stylish, eccentric vehicle. This small crossover packs a big, exciting performance in a small, compact package full of personality. An attractive yet purposeful design features aerodynamic curves, bright, halogen headlamps and available LED signature lighting on higher trim levels. A moonroof is standard on the SE, SES, and Titanium models and adds an extra, modern twist to the sporty design.
The stylish Ford Ecosport is powered by a turbocharged 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine. Combined with the small, lightweight body, this engine promises a nimble, peppy ride, plus excellent fuel economy. The handling on this small crossover gets even better when equipped with the available intelligent four-wheel drive. With this features, it’s easy to take spontaneous detours or to handle iffy driving conditions.
The new Ford EcoSport also has its own list of impressive technologies. From BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) to the latest SYNC® 3 infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, there’s no shortage of information, entertainment, and safety. Call Packey Webb Ford to learn more about the new Ford Ecosport and to schedule a test drive in this exceptional crossover.
When you mention pickup trucks, there’s no doubt that Ford comes to mind for most people. The Ford name has become synonymous with American transportation. This association is probably due in part for Ford’s grand success for almost half a decade. This year, the Ford F-Series celebrates 40 years as America’s best-selling truck, having sold over 26 million since January 1977.
The Ford F-Series started its long record of success that year when the all-new sixth-generation Ford F-150 was released, featuring a 351-series V8 engine and front disc brakes. This particular pickup was a big hit, but Ford didn’t stop there. Never a company to settle, Ford developed the next F-150, releasing the seventh generation to be purchased by even more satisfied customers. But 1982 the Ford F-series had not only been the best-selling truck for five consecutive years, but had become the best-selling vehicle in America, a title it has maintained since then.
Ford has proudly managed to keep its record by keeping the standards for development that won the F-Series its success in the first place. For Ford, it’s always been about anticipating the customer’s needs. In the late 1990s, that meant providing more powerful, heavy-duty trucks in the then-new F-250 and F-350. In the early 2000s, that meant crafting interiors and features that catered to lifestyles, and not just work. It’s always been about innovation while maintaining that Ford standard for performance, a balancing act that’s sure to win the F-series another decade of top sales.
There are plenty of automakers to choose from when you’re in the market for a new vehicle, but Ford can outdo the competition. The wide lineup offers drivers from all walks of life exactly what they need on a daily basis. Here are a few reasons to drive a Ford according to us at Packey Webb Ford.
- Selection – Ford’s lineup features a long list of available vehicles to choose from. Drivers interested in something small and efficient can find their ride in the Ford Fiesta. Those with a need for speed can get behind the wheel of the legendary Mustang. The Ford F-150 offers all the strength a driver could want at a great value. The Explorer ensures family trips are both comfortable and thrilling. With such a wide selection of vehicles, it hard to pick just one!
- Style – Every Ford model boasts a unique yet recognizable style. The Ford Mustang, for example, boasts an aggressive stance with a sweeping hood that hints at what lies beneath. The Fusion is both bold and athletic with a stance that asserts itself on the road.
- Capability – Each and every Ford vehicle offers some form of capability. The F-150 can tow and haul immense loads. The Fiesta has plenty of interior cargo space. The Fusion offers plenty of space for passengers. The Ford Escape offers high fuel economy, a tall ride height, and a versatile interior to fit any drivers’