Anyone who assumes that auto shows are only of interest to the men in this country is greatly mistaken. In today’s market, women have just as much interest in cars as men. And, in fact, analysts have discovered that women have a say in 80% of vehicle sales, whether they’re buying a car themselves or weighing in on the decision.
It’s clear that women are taking the wheel more often these days, both literally and otherwise, so it’s wise of the Chicago Auto Show to host an annual Women’s Day. This year’s Women’s Day took place February 15th. A thoughtful itinerary was prepared specifically for the interests of women, featuring specific lineups, vendors and networking opportunities.
In many cases, female shoppers look for the practical offerings, versus speed or sporty design. Women are often looking out for their family, and value space, safety, and convenient features meant to make their life easier. However, that’s not always the case, as each year’s CAS Women’s Day proves. What women want in their vehicle is just as idiosyncratic as each individual shopper.
Still, even if the CAS Women’s Day isn’t capable of predicting exactly what each female consumer is looking for, it still provides a chance for today’s women to run the show.
What are your thoughts? We at Packey Webb Ford are always happy to hear what the wants and needs of our customers are, so let us know what your car options are by commenting below!
The next-generation Ford Fusion could arrive sooner than expected. Even better, it could bring Ford’s new autonomous technology to the road as well. Ford revealed the second-generation Fusion Hybrid with autonomous technology built in towards the end of the December. The sleek style brings a streamlined appearance that looks oddly normal for such futuristic technology.
The unveiling of the next-generation Fusion Hybrid comes with the announcement that the automaker plans to increases its fleet of autonomous vehicles from 30 to 90 cars in 2017. Ford is currently testing the autonomous technology in several states and has plans to expand into the United Kingdom and Germany.
Ford announced that it plans to keep its original goal of launching autonomous cars for ride-sharing services by 2021. The latest technology allows the car to take in data spanning two football fields in each direction.
The Detroit-based automaker has made several major investments, including a $75 million investment in Velodyne, a company that makes LIDAR sensors.
The car’s autonomous technology will take in one terabyte of data for every hour it’s on the road. That data is analyzed by the system located in the trunk.
We here at Packey Webb Ford can’t wait to see what the future holds for Ford’s autonomous technology!
Coming up with a New Year resolution for 2017 can be rather difficult, especially if you’ve failed in the past. Consider taking a different approach to your goals for the New Year by improving your driving. No matter how good of a driver you are, there’s room for improvement on the road! Here are a few New Year Resolutions for drivers that are recommended by all of us here at Packey Webb Ford.
- Appearance – Taking care of your vehicle is important for drivers who don’t plan on purchasing a new model every few years. While keeping up with routine maintenance is one thing, maintaining your car’s appearance is another. Dings, dents, and scratches make for an unappealing look and most are relatively cheap and quick to repair.
- Efficiency – Every driver has a lead foot as some point in their life. Hitting the gas tends to be bad for fuel efficiency, though, which is why a great goal for 2017 is to aim to increase your efficiency. Avoid smashing the pedal to the floor, slow down, and save money at the same time.
- Tires – Believe it or not, your car’s tires are probably somewhat neglected. Check the tire pressure every week during 2017. Make sure there’s enough tread while you’re at it. Taking care of your tires can lead to higher fuel economy, a smoother ride, and better handling.
There are plenty of automakers to choose from when you’re in the market for a new vehicle, but Ford can outdo the competition. The wide lineup offers drivers from all walks of life exactly what they need on a daily basis. Here are a few reasons to drive a Ford according to us at Packey Webb Ford.
- Selection – Ford’s lineup features a long list of available vehicles to choose from. Drivers interested in something small and efficient can find their ride in the Ford Fiesta. Those with a need for speed can get behind the wheel of the legendary Mustang. The Ford F-150 offers all the strength a driver could want at a great value. The Explorer ensures family trips are both comfortable and thrilling. With such a wide selection of vehicles, it hard to pick just one!
- Style – Every Ford model boasts a unique yet recognizable style. The Ford Mustang, for example, boasts an aggressive stance with a sweeping hood that hints at what lies beneath. The Fusion is both bold and athletic with a stance that asserts itself on the road.
- Capability – Each and every Ford vehicle offers some form of capability. The F-150 can tow and haul immense loads. The Fiesta has plenty of interior cargo space. The Fusion offers plenty of space for passengers. The Ford Escape offers high fuel economy, a tall ride height, and a versatile interior to fit any drivers’
The holidays are right around the corner, and if you plan on heading out to visit friends or family for Christmas, there are some things you can do now to ease the burden of traveling. Whether you’re worried about airport crowds or road congestion, we have advice to help you! Here are some of the best holiday flight tips from us here at Packey Webb Ford.
- Technology – Technology is a great tool to make traveling easier. Many airlines have apps that allow you to access ticket and flight information on your smartphone. Some airports even offer a layout of the facility to help guide passengers to the correct gate. Drivers can use a GPS system or a compatible smartphone to plan a route based on time, fuel economy, or distance. Most systems can receive updates in real time, which means sitting in traffic jams due to accidents is a thing of the past.
- Luggage – Baggage fees can add up quickly. Instead of checking your bags, ship unnecessary belongings to your destination through the mail. Doing so will be cheaper. Bring everything you need in a carry-on to make life much easier!
- Rest – Make sure to get plenty of sleep so you don’t wake up and late potentially miss your flight. Being well rested will also ensure you don’t lose your temper with flight attendants or other drivers.
There’s a name we haven’t heard in 20 years: the Ford Bronco. The SUV, which debuted in the 1960s, was introduced to the market as an off-roading vehicle that could go head-to-head with the best of Jeep models. Unfortunately, the Bronco was retired in 1996 and hasn’t been seen since—until now. Now, the new Ford Bronco is slated to make a comeback as early as 2020, so get ready to enjoy the thrills of a new off-roading SUV.
The announcement came in a two-in-one package: both the new Bronco and the new Ranger were unveiled all in one go. Ford hasn’t had a midsize truck or an off-roader in years, but with the SUV/crossover and pickup truck segments picking up and attracting a host of interested customers, it only makes sense for the brand to capitalize on both current trends and the nostalgia of old Ford enthusiasts.
Not much is known about what will go into the new Ford Bronco. It will likely be based on the same platform as the new Ranger since both are debuting at the same time. However, Ford has also mentioned a desire to appeal to a more family-friendly sensibility, so we might see a kind of refinement previously unseen in older Bronco models.
Black Friday has a reputation for being a night when people throw all cares to the wind. If you want to streamline the process and prevent any accidents, it’s necessary to plan how your night will go in advance with these helpful Black Friday tips.
Plan Your Route
If possible, stay close to home. You should take a look at various stores’ ads to determine where and when you want to go so you have a good idea of what stores you’ll be driving to. Try checking a map and outlining a route.
Use Map Apps for Traffic Updates
Even if you know your route, accidents happen and traffic gets backed up. Many smartphone apps track traffic in realtime, which can help avoid this.
Don’t Drive Distracted
Leave the radio dial alone, put the phone away, and keep both hands on the wheel.
Park further away to avoid the crowds that are competing for closer spots. Don’t block other spots, and when pulling in or out of a spot, be on the lookout for children or other vehicles driving by. If your car has one, use a rearview camera.
Following these Black Friday tips can minimize your chances of getting in an accident. We want to see everyone get home safe this Black Friday so they can enjoy wrapping their brand new purchase!
Sports car enthusiasts have been around for decades. Certainly most drivers harbor some kind of desire to get behind the wheel of a powerful vehicle designed for speedy thrills, nimble handling, and athletic good looks. Some of the most respected and recognizable sports cars come from Ford’s lineup; just think about how iconic the Mustang is. The fact of the matter is that more Ford performance cars are selling better than ever, with more and more people turning to Ford to quench their need for high-speed, adrenaline-pumping fun.
Whether it’s the Mustang or the Focus RS, Focus ST, or Fiesta ST, Ford is seeing record numbers of younger and more affluent car buyers turning to the brand for their muscle car fix. In fact, the volume of performance cars being sold in Ford’s lineup has nearly doubled in the past three years, with 2016’s numbers totaling 200,000 units globally in 2016 alone. The Ford Mustang was also the best-selling sports coupe of 2015 around the world.
The numbers won’t stop growing there. Ford performance cars are expanding, including the release of the first 500 Ford GT cars and the new F-150 Raptor. Over 6,500 people have applied for ownership of the GT nameplates, meaning these vehicles are already facing high demand, even in limited release.
These days, it seems like there’s an award or an ability to be recognized for just about anything, and Downers Grove has a claim to fame that not many cities have—a top trick-or-treating city in the United States. In a recent study based on data collection from community social networking app Nextdoor, it was concluded that out of countless cities in the US, Downers Grove was number seven on the list of best cities to take your kids trick-or-treating.
What criteria went into determining this? Simple: Nextdoor offers an annual Treat Map, which allows neighbors to check in and let the app know whether or not they will be passing out candy for Halloween that year. Nextdoor had the seventh-highest ratio of people passing out candy in comparison to the number of Nextdoor members living in Downers Grove out of the entire United States.
Wondering who was the top trick-or-treating city? The number one spot was taken by Cary, North Carolina, with Boise, Idaho rounding out the top-ten list in tenth place. However, if you’re looking for the best place to trick-or-treat in the whole state of Illinois, there’s only one clear winner, and that’s Downers Grove.
Ford has teamed up with the Dallas Cowboys to sell a Limited Edition Cowboys F-150, which has already hit dealerships and is priced at $41,925. Ford is selling just 400 of these special trucks.
Painted in the same shade of silver as the Cowboys’ helmets, the Cowboys edition of the F-150 also features the team’s star logo on the doors and tailgate, cargo bed mat, and floor mats. The Cowboys F-150 is a modified F-150 XLT with the Chrome Package and features an array of unique features.
In addition to the logos and paintjob, the Cowboys Edition will also feature blue and white panel striping like the stripe on the Cowboys’ helmets, Cowboys star caps on the wheels, laser-etched chrome foot plates, and an interior badge signed by Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
This isn’t the first time Ford has offered a Cowboys edition of the F-150; the last time was in 1994. The new Cowboys edition F-150 celebrates the opening of the Ford Center at The Star. Ford has a long history with the state of Texas, having worked with the Cowboys for more than 20 years as well as the King Ranch institution.
Ford Center at The Star is a state-of-the-art training facility for the Cowboys located in Frisco, Texas. It opened last month.