All of us here at Packey Webb Ford know that we can see some pretty hot days in the greater Chicago area. So how do you keep your car cool in this heat? We’ve got some great tips and tricks on how to keep your car cool this summer!
- Put Blankets On Your Seats – When you’re not driving placing blankets on the seats will help protect your seats from the direct sunlight. The blankets will soak up all the sunlight and heat and you’ll be left with a cool seat!
- Park in the Garage – If you’re able to park in a parking garage, do so! This will significantly help with the temperature of your vehicle on those hot summer days!
- Use a Sunshade or Window Visor – Using a sunshade or window visor helps keep the interior of the car cool. If you can’t park in the shade we recommend this method to help combat that heat!
- Keep Your Windows Cracked Slightly – We don’t recommend you leaving your windows all the way down, but it is a good idea to leave them slightly cracked. Check to be sure that you can’t fit your arm through the crack, we don’t want anyone braking into your vehicle! Even a small crack can help ventilation which will keep the interior of the car cooler!
These are just some of our favorite tips to help keep you cool this summer! Stop by and see us before you head out on your summer road trips and keep these great tips in mind!
Chicago is a big place bursting with different cultures and more than two million people, which means there are a lot of Fourth of July celebrations taking place at the beginning of the month. Here are some of the most exciting Chicago Fourth of July events and festivals taking place throughout the city.
The Festival in Mount Prospect will be held from July 1st through the 4th and will include family activities, live music, food and drink vendors, and even a car show! You know where we’ll be that day. Frontier Days is another festival with a carnival and parade and will take place in Arlington Heights.
Oak Fest will also hold a car show on Sunday the 2nd at its four-day festival Oak Forest, and the Northwest Fourth-fest will feature a craft fair and daily concerts in addition to the fireworks display. These are just a few fireworks displays taking place around Chicago—there are 10 suburbs doing fireworks and festivals in the area, plus the city of Chicago’s fireworks at Navy Pier on July 4th.
These are just a few of the exciting Fourth of July events you can attend next month, so don’t miss it! The staff at Packey Webb Ford wishes you a great Independence Day.
The 2017 Focus RS is a sporty new hatchback that’s bound to make other drivers jealous. In addition to a sleek new exterior, the RS has a powerful engine and smooth-shifting transmission to making driving truly thrilling. Plus, with innovative high-tech features, the 2017 model year is perfect for any driver looking for convenience. Read on to learn more about the 2017 Focus RS performance.
According to Forbes, the new hatchback comes with a 2.3-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder engine that’s been designed for high output. When properly equipped the Focus RS gets 350 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque. The engine is paired with a six-speed transmission to optimize acceleration, providing a smooth yet fast ride.
After a first-drive review, Forbes auto contributor Sam Abuelsamid writes that “Overall, if you’re looking for a quick (sub 5-second 0-60) rally-inspired machine that will stand up to a good thrashing without being punishing to live with, the Ford Focus RS worth checking out. “
Other great features on the RS include the Recaro sports seats, standard for the passenger and driver, as well as plenty of legroom. The SYNC 3 system is also great for those who love music and entertainment, as this media device comes with easy access thank to voice recognition and Bluetooth. Stop by Packey Webb Ford to learn more about the latest Ford Focus.
Thinking about taking a family road trip this summer? There are some important things to remember, including the best road trip games. Kids can get especially bored on the highway, so it’s a good idea to come prepared. At Packey Webb Ford, we’ve listed some of our favorite games. While some are classics, others are some you may have never heard of before.
According to Parents magazine, one great one is the Alphabet Game. One person looks out the window on the right, while the other looks out the left. The goal is to spot the letters of the alphabet in order only by using signs, license plates, or objects out the window. The first person to go from A to Z is the winner.
Next, try the Theme Song Game. In this game, one person hums the theme song to a famous TV show and everyone takes turns guessing what it is. The first person to guess the correct answer wins, and they get to hum next. You can keep track of scores or simply see how many the group can get.
Finally, play the Restaurant Race. Each person chooses their favorite fast-food chain like Burger King, Taco Bell, or McDonalds. Players get points every time they see one, see a sign for one (like on a Fuel/Food sign on the highway), or when they hear it on the radio.
For each of these games, consider having small prizes. For example, the winner might get to choose the radio station. You can also bring snacks and other prizes. If all else fails, the Quiet Game has been a favorite among parents travelling everywhere.
Hybrid vehicles have been on the market since the end of the 1990s, and they are becoming more and more popular as drivers learn about the benefits of going green. Hybrids can not only reduce emissions, but they also help you save gas, earn tax credits, improve performance, and more. Switch to a hybrid vehicle today to see the benefits.
A hybrid vehicle is a car that combines a traditional gasoline engine with an electric motor. According to AutoBytel, one of the major benefits of driving a hybrid is that you reduce fuel consumption. This is the most obvious perk of going green, but it can also lead to fewer harmful emissions—helping you to worry a little less when you drive.
Another advantage is tax credits. The government often offers federal tax incentives in order to get more people to drive hybrid vehicles. These incentives are based on the vehicle’s range, and frequently rise as high as $7,500, sometimes making hybrids among the most affordable vehicles on the market.
Next, hybrids also improve performance. Thanks to the combination of electric and gasoline power, hybrid vehicles have incredible torque and acceleration. In fact, many race cars rely on hybrid powertrain designs in order to boost overall performance.
These are the basic benefits of buying a hybrid. You get better fuel economy, produce lower emissions, improve performance, and earn tax credits. Stop by Packey Webb Ford to learn more about hybrids.
The all-new 2017 Ford Ecosport is here, and makes a great pick for those looking for a stylish, eccentric vehicle. This small crossover packs a big, exciting performance in a small, compact package full of personality. An attractive yet purposeful design features aerodynamic curves, bright, halogen headlamps and available LED signature lighting on higher trim levels. A moonroof is standard on the SE, SES, and Titanium models and adds an extra, modern twist to the sporty design.
The stylish Ford Ecosport is powered by a turbocharged 1.0-liter EcoBoost engine. Combined with the small, lightweight body, this engine promises a nimble, peppy ride, plus excellent fuel economy. The handling on this small crossover gets even better when equipped with the available intelligent four-wheel drive. With this features, it’s easy to take spontaneous detours or to handle iffy driving conditions.
The new Ford EcoSport also has its own list of impressive technologies. From BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) to the latest SYNC® 3 infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, there’s no shortage of information, entertainment, and safety. Call Packey Webb Ford to learn more about the new Ford Ecosport and to schedule a test drive in this exceptional crossover.
If you’re anything like us at Packey Webb Ford, you’re probably looking forward to having a pint of green beer or hearing some live Irish music. Fortunately, there are plenty of places to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Chicago this year. Here are some ideas to get you started!
- Traditional Irish Music at the Driehaus Museum Like any fanatic or traditionalist, you probably already witnessed the river turn green and watched the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. Now it’s time to catch some live Irish music. Head to the Driehaus Museum at 6pm on Thursday, March 16th to watch Paddy Homan and the Noble Call perform some traditional tunes.
- The Tossers at Metro Follow up the traditional music with something quirky the next day. The Tossers are a punk band raised as Irish Catholics. They bring audiences the best of the punk attitude in the context of traditional Celtic instruments. Come watch this energetic performance at 9pm on Friday, March 17th.
- Forever Green 42 Before the holiday is over, be sure to partake in one more of Chicago’s traditional St. Patrick’s Day events at the 42nd annual Forever Green celebration. Hear even more Irish music, see traditional dances and wear plenty of green for this festive party at the Chicago Cultural Center.